TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Thursday, October 11, 2007
After impressing one and all with her electrifying performance in Shimit Amin's Chak De, Sagarika Ghatge aka Preeti Sabarwal of the Chak De team is excited about the career prospects her role has thrown open to her.
Contrary to the reports that were published wherein it was mentioned that Sagarika would be part of Balaji Motion Picture's next titled Mission Istanbul directed by Apoorva Lakhia, who is basking in the success of his film Shootout At Lokhanwala, Sagarika begs to differ. Speaking about it, she says, "There is no truth in the recent reports that I am doing Apoorva Lakhia's Mission Istanbul. On the contrary, I'm awaiting confirmation of certain other projects which are still in the discussion phase."
Excited about the way Chak De has thrown open new possibilities for her, Sagarika further adds, "I was always sure that Chak De had a powerful theme that would make a difference. But, what surprised me most is that it surpassed my expectations by lapping up immense popularity in India and abroad."
The actress is busy learning Kathak dance at the moment. Speaking about the new found interest, she quips, "I love the dance form simply because it offers a rare grace to the complex movements. I'm making sure that I master all intricacies of this classic dance form."