TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The War In The CBI Is Not Between Individuals, But Between Two Groups: K Ragothaman
- Xiaomi Launches Flagship Mi 8 Pro In Taiwan
- 7 Interesting Facts About Lucknow Every Traveller Must Be Aware Of
- Multani Mitti Hacks To Acne That You Should Try Right Now!
- Kalki Koechlin On #MeToo India Movement: There Will Be Collateral Damage, But It's Necessary
- New Hyundai Santro 2018 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 3.89 Lakh
- India Vs West Indies, 2nd ODI: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing
- Apprenticeship Offered Through South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2018, 1785 Vacancies Available
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Monday, October 29, 2007
Salman Khan has finally accepted the offer form Madame Tussauds museum in London to display his life size wax statue alongside renowned international celebrities. Salman will be the fourth Indian cine star to find a space in the museum after Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan and Aishwariya Bachchan. The actor's statue will be unveiled in early 2008.
It may be mentioned that the actor had stunned the world by initially rejected the offer thinking it to be a joke. The star accepted the offer after being voted by his fans. The poll was conducted during the summer in collaboration with the British Asian Entertainment magazine Ikonz and BBC Asian Network. The poll which saw over 10000 people participating voted Salman ahead of the other celebrities which included Madhuri Dixit who stood second, Abhishek Bachchan, Hritik Roshan, Rani Mukerjee, Karan Johar, Kajol and Lata Mangeshkar.
The museum which adds around 15 statues every year to its collection has seen a tremendous rise in the footfall among the Asian community after it unveiled the statue of Shahrukh Khan earlier this year. So it may not be a surprise to see many more Indians finding a place in the prestigious museum. Salman is expected to personally unveil his statue in early 2008.