TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Salman Khan has been the victim of muckrakers for years together. He has been infamous for knocking down pedestrians and shooting black bucks. However, there is a good side to the Bollywood actor that often goes unnoticed.
Recently, Salman donated Rs. 4.5 lakh for the treatment of a seven-year-old child stricken with cancer. Reportedly, he had made the donation almost two months ago; however, he did not intimate the media about it. On Saturday, February 10, Salman personally went to visit the child, Saugat Kunwar. Leaving his appointments aside in the afternoon, he paid a visit to his school. He attended the Annual Day celebrations of Children Welfare Centre High School and Clara's College of Commerce. He sat with Kunwar for about half an hour, and then exited quickly before the media arrived at the event.
According to sources, Salman was not aware that the media had been invited to cover this event. But when he learnt this, he made a prompt exit. The school principal was quoted saying that Salman shelled out a huge amount without knowing the child, and that he genuinely cares for the less fortunate.
Salman recently gave an alluring performance in Nikhil Advani's Salaam-e-Ishq. The brawny actor will now be seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya and Rumi Jaffery's God Tussi Great Ho.
Dino Morea gets Youth Icon of 2007
Ash has no 'mangal dosh,' claims Amar Singh