TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Monday, January 22, 2007
Actor turned choreographer Prabhudeva is all set to make his debut in direction. The film will be produced by Boney Kapoor.
It is said that Salman Khan will star in the lead role in this film. While the other star cast is yet to finalize. It is believed that Boney has signed Prabhudeva over a year ago but had not settled on the script.
This untitled film will mark Prabhudeva's directorial debut in Bollywood. The film is believed to be a remake of a Telugu film called Pokhri which was directed by Prabhudeva himself. The film broke records for having the highest number of prints in south.
It is rumoured that the film is the highest priced for remaking rights of any south Indian film.
Another very interesting factor is that Ram Gopal Varma once wanted to remake this very film in Hindi with Mahesh Babu (the protagonist in the original version).Ramu had even arranged for a special screening for none other than the Big B who very much enjoyed the film and wanted Abhishek to be cast as the leading man in the film.But unfortunately things didn't workout and the films rights were eventually bought by Boney Kapoor.