TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Salman Khan has turned down the offer of his wax statue being displayed in the renowned Madame Tussauds museum. The Bollywood actor was approached by representatives of the museum to place his life size wax statue alongside biggest international celebrities. However the Bollywood star has rejected the offer without specifying any reason. Madame Tussauds is the most visited tourist spot in London and houses wax master pieces of top international celebrities.
The Bollywood actor who has a huge popularity overseas would have been the fourth Indian after Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan and Aishwarya Bachchan to make it to the museum. The authorities had done a thorough selection process and selected Salman over fellow Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar, Kajol, Hritik Roshan, and John Abharam.
The actor was initially said to be very excited about the development and was in regular contact with Bobby Khan the person in-charge of the Bollywood section in the museum. The craftsman of the museum were supposed to arrive in India to take his body measurements. The statue was planned to be inaugurated personally by the actor in January 2008.
Rumours doing round the corner are that Salman Khan turned down the offer not wanting to be displayed alongside his one time lady love Aishwarya Bachchan. The truth of the story however remains with our beloved Sallu bhai.