TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Friday, July 06, 2007
Salman Khan has a new voice, as the actor has decided that singer Wajid will sing for him in his forthcoming films. Salman Khan is known for adopting protegees and giving them a break in bollywood in any way he can.
Earlier, Salman had taken singer Himesh Reshammiya under his wing and Himesh's career as a music composer grew after he composed music for most of Salman's films. Unfortunately though Himesh and Salman soon went their own ways after Himseh began singing for other film banners. Now Salman has decided to replace Himesh with singer Wajid's voice in his forthcoming films.
Salman was extremely impressed with Wajid's voice after he sang for him in his recent film Partner. Singer Wajid of the duo Sajid-Wajid is also extremely thrilled to be Salman's voice; he says, "I am proud to be the voice of Salmanbhai. We were at the music sittings of Partner and I was singing the song to explain how it should go, that's when bhai said I should sing the song myself." Wajid has already sung a couple of songs for Salman in his films God Tussi Great Ho, Partner, remake of Pokhiri etc.
Wajid's songs for Partner are already becoming a rage. Salman's earlier protegee Himesh meanwhile claims that working with Salman is a good opportunity for Wajid and his singing career.
Meanwhile, Salman is all set to act in Boney Kapoor's remake of the Tamil hit film Pokhiri, the Hindi version will be titled Wanted Dead or Alive. The film will mark the Hindi debut of choreographer turned director Prabhu Deva who will be directing his first Hindi film. Prabhu Deva and Salman seem to have bonded well and the two may also be seen gyrating together on-screen for the film. Producer Boney Kapoor says, "I'm sure Prabhu will make a token appearance as a good luck charm." Prabhu Deva has directed several films in Telugu and hence producer Boney is confident of his abilities as a director.