TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Thursday, January 25, 2007
What's Samir Karnik up to after Kyun! Ho Gaya Na...? Plenty! For those who are unaware, Samir has completed a film called Nanhe with a child artist enacting the central role. That's not all, the film-maker is ready to start his new film, a multi-starrer, called Mera Bharat Mahaan.
Reportedly, the film is based on The Motorcycle Diaries , which revolved around a medical student and his friend traveling across South America on motorcycle in the 1950s. "It's not inspired by any film. It's an original subject penned by Aseem Arora and myself. The only similarity is that both are road trips," Samir clarifies at the very outset.
Samir has thought of an interesting cast for the film in question: Sunny Deol, Salman Khan, Bobby Deol, Preity Zinta and Sohail Khan. "They have agreed in principle to star in the film. We're trying to put the project currently," Samir divulges. He has also spoken to the Big B for a pivotal role. "I met him briefly a few months ago and spoke about the film. I will seek an appointment with him soon," he says. The film is expected to roll in May.
Meanwhile, Nanhe will be premiered at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival, prior to its release in India on 8th June.
Akshay-Priyanka team up again?
Riteish Deshmukh to act for V. Shantaram's Banner