TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
By: Raymond Ronamai
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is fondly called Munnabhai, is back in jail after breathing free for over two months on bail. The TADA court had imprisoned him to 6 years rigorous imprisonment in connection to 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. He was convicted for possessing 9 mm pistol and AK-56.
The actor was finally handed the copy of the judgment yesterday and was moved back into the Yerawada jail in Pune amidst heavy security. Jugde PD Kode stated in his judgment that Sanjay had nexus with Anees Ibrahim, brother of gangster Dawood Ibrahim, but found no evidence to connect him with 1993 Mumbai blasts conspiracy.
The actor is likely to spend this Diwali in prison because his lawyers need some time to get 9 certified copies of the judgment in order to approach the Supreme Court for bail. Moreover, the court will take break for Diwali from Oct 28 to November 12.