TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Raymond Ronamai
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is fondly called Munnabhai, is back in jail after breathing free for over two months on bail. The TADA court had imprisoned him to 6 years rigorous imprisonment in connection to 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. He was convicted for possessing 9 mm pistol and AK-56.
The actor was finally handed the copy of the judgment yesterday and was moved back into the Yerawada jail in Pune amidst heavy security. Jugde PD Kode stated in his judgment that Sanjay had nexus with Anees Ibrahim, brother of gangster Dawood Ibrahim, but found no evidence to connect him with 1993 Mumbai blasts conspiracy.
The actor is likely to spend this Diwali in prison because his lawyers need some time to get 9 certified copies of the judgment in order to approach the Supreme Court for bail. Moreover, the court will take break for Diwali from Oct 28 to November 12.