TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Raymond Ronamai
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Sanjay Leela Bhansali knows exactly what he is doing. Unlike many filmmakers, he is not scared of big names. This time, he surprised everyone by taking on Shahrukh Khan. His film Saawariya starring debutants Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor was released on the same day as that of Shahrukh's Om Shanti Om this Diwali. Sanjay believed in himself, and at the end of the day he came out victorious.
Sanjay is happy with the good opening of Saawariya. He said that media manipulation went against the film but he is sure that people will keep watching it. He added that collecting Rs.500-570 million in its opening weekend in India alone is the biggest opening for an Indian film with newcomers in the lead.
The director said that he is happy with way the audience has responded. He is also happy that he has created a superstar in Ranbir Kapoor.