TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Monday, April 09, 2007
Sarah-Jane Dias from Mumbai has been crowned Miss India-World, at a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on Sunday evening. The pageant this year has decided to declare the Miss India-World as the official winner.
While Puja Gupta was crowned the Miss India-Universe, Pooja Chitgopekar became the Miss India-Earth at the Femina Pantaloons Miss India contest 2007.
Sarah-Jane Dias, who is 24 years of age is also a a Channel [V] VJ and former Miss India-Oman (1995). The first runner-up, 22-year-old Puja Gupta, is an aspiring writer and her hobbies are Yoga, writing, horse riding and drawing, says her profile at the pageant's official website.
21-year-old Pooja Chitgopekar, is a medical student in New Zealand and has won the Miss India-New Zealand (2002) contest, Miss India Worldwide (2003) (first runner-up) and Miss Auckland (2002) (first runner-up).
The event was judged by several celebrities including actors Sanjay Dutt, Priyanka Chopra, director Subhash Ghai and model Ujwalla Raut. Sajid Khan and Mona Singh were the host for the evening.
The final question that was posed before the five finalists were "If you had to convince a rural woman to take part in this pageant, what would you tell her?"
Various top-notch bollywood stars including Tushhar Kapoor, Koena Mitra and Lara Dutta performed for the show.
Stills : Femina Miss India 2007
Ravi Kishen to campaign for Congress
Tusshar, Pritam in April Fool Gag