TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Washington (ANI): Indian scriptwriter Feroz Abbas Khan was honoured with the best screenplay award for the film Gandhi My Father during the inaugural Asia Pacific Screen Awards ceremony in Australia's Gold Coast. The best movie award went to Secret Sunshine, a film directed by South Korean filmmaker Lee Chang-dong. The film"s star Jeon Do-yeon was named best actress. Iranian filmmakers Rakhshan Bani-Etemad and Mohsen Abdolvahab were also honoured for co-directing Mainline (khoonbazi).
The best actor award went to Turkish actor Erkan Can for his commendable performance in Takva: A Man's Fear of God. Indian actress Shabana Azmi was among the jury that elected the contenders for the awards in various categories, Variety magazine reported. The event was backed by Queensland Events in collaboration with CNN International, UNESCO and International film producers' federation FIAPF.