TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Washington (ANI): Indian scriptwriter Feroz Abbas Khan was honoured with the best screenplay award for the film Gandhi My Father during the inaugural Asia Pacific Screen Awards ceremony in Australia's Gold Coast. The best movie award went to Secret Sunshine, a film directed by South Korean filmmaker Lee Chang-dong. The film"s star Jeon Do-yeon was named best actress. Iranian filmmakers Rakhshan Bani-Etemad and Mohsen Abdolvahab were also honoured for co-directing Mainline (khoonbazi).
The best actor award went to Turkish actor Erkan Can for his commendable performance in Takva: A Man's Fear of God. Indian actress Shabana Azmi was among the jury that elected the contenders for the awards in various categories, Variety magazine reported. The event was backed by Queensland Events in collaboration with CNN International, UNESCO and International film producers' federation FIAPF.