TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Monday, April 02, 2007
March 31st saw the preview of Laila Khan Rajpal's piece of art - 'Dreams do not have Titles' at ICIA Building at Kala Ghoda. The exhibition was inaugurated by none other than Shabana Azmi.
Her show was based on the feminine... her aim was to transform the complexities of the figure into harmonies of simplified forms revealing the innate reality, the life force, the spirit, the inherent symbolism and the underlying remarkable structure - to give emphasis to form with the greatest clarity.
Her works are never titled as she wants the viewer to have the freedom and not the burden of being shown the way, rather than finding it.
In the very words of Laila Khan Rajpal, "I am exploring beauty in my images, its fragility and impermanence. For me painting a nude is no different from painting a flower, it freezes in a unique moment in time, the before and after, where and when is up to the viewer."
Her family was seen in full support. Spotted were Rohit Rajpal, Sundari&Feroz Khan, Fardeen Khan, Susan Roshan, Zarine Khan, Mallika Khan, Simone Khan along with Dolly Thakore, Alisha&Riyad Kundanmal, Meena Raheja, Ekta Raheja, Kailash Surendranath, Harsh Goenka, Alyque Padamsee, Aseem Khan, Nisha Jamwal, Urmila Matondkar, Zeba&Rajesh Kohli, Khushnuma&Arzan Khambatta, Anil Dharkar, Devika Bojwani, Nawaaz Modi Singhania, Neelam, Bina&Talat Aziz, Viren Shah, Tanya&Kishen Kumar, Mona Narag, Samyukta, Kehkashan Patel, Vikas Bhalla with wife, Monica Vaziralli, Naaz&Remu Zaveri, Shweta Shetty, Pradeep Hirani, Mustafa Eisa, Feroze Gujral, Poonam Dilhon, Rajeshwari Sachdev, Javed Ahmed with wife, Hanif&Pooja Bedi, Pinky Reddy of GVK Industries&Anu Diwan.
The evening was a melange of creativity and finesse and Laila Khan Rajpal promises many more to come...
Meera to play Aish in Ssimran
SRK's big secret is out!