TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Shahid Kapoor is certainly going places after Vivah. Having signed Aziz Mirza's next with Vidya Balan, he has now been signed opposite Rani Mukerji in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's first home production.
The project is untitled and is his sister Bela Sehgal's directorial debut. The film will be presented by Bhansali and co-produced by T-Series.
A source in T-Series says, "Bela's film is a period love story along the lines of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas.
The look, feel and presentation will be elegant and stylish, like Sanjay's productions always are.
It will be enhanced by the fact that it is also Sanjay's first production.
While Rani had been signed months ago, Shahid signed the film last week. The film is expected to roll by end 2007. Shahid is presently completing Imtiaz Ali's next with Kareena, after which Aziz's film will start in July."
Bela Sehgal, who has edited all of her brother's films, says, "I am not allowed to talk about the project till the entire cast has been finalised.
Sanjay will get upset if I do. Current-ly, Sanjay is busy completing his next film, Saawariyan, which should be done by the first week of May.
All I can say is that it will be a different love story. I've been sitting with my writers. It's my vision."
Bhushan Kumar from T-Series is equally tight-lipped. Though he doesn't deny Shahid and Rani doing the project, he says, "We haven't decided the cast yet."
Parzania gets screened in Gujarat
Yash Raj Films promos continue