TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
By: Upala KBR, Glamsham
Thursday, October 11, 2007
It is common knowledge that a large part of Imtiaz Ali's Jab We Met has been shot in Punjab (near Patiala) and that Shahid and Kareena even have Punjabi dialogues to mouth as both essay Punjabi characters, Aditya and Geet.
"While Aditya and Geet are essentially metropolitan, the moment they reach Punjab in the film, one can see their true north-Indian colours with Shahid in his pathani-style kurta-pyjama and Kareena in her salwar-kameez. Both of them were looking forward to playing Punjabi characters for the first time, and were in fact, even shooting a film in Punjab for the first time", remarks director Imtiaz Ali.
Interestingly, Shahid and Kareena's real-life lineage also finds itself in Punjab. Both Pankaj Kapoor and Randhir Kapoor are Punjabis.
Jab We Met releases worldwide on October 26. It is being distributed overseas by Studio 18.