TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Shahrukh, the producer, is thrilled that Om Shanti Om has done well. He says, “So far, it"s the biggest hit of my career. Just the sheer number of prints will make it one of the most successful films. The initial feedback to the film is absolutely stunning all over."
Shahrukh is not comfortable discussing figures, “To be honest, as a producer, I never give out money reports etc, but suffice it to say it is 10 times better than I expected or even more.
All collection reports for weekends given by anyone before Monday are just projections; because as everyone knows, the weekend is not over till Sunday"s over. Eros"s (the distributors) initial estimate indicate 80 crore but they are working on collating the data since it was a long Diwali weekend and distribution data is just pouring in. It"s not about 80 crore this year 80 crore has never been collected in India ever for any film!"
The overseas collections are also huge. SRK adds, “The collections in UK which one can get from EDI on the net, are over half a million pounds till Sunday evening in USA about 1.5 to 2 million dollars. I am expecting the film to run with even more prints from Tuesday onwards and have the same run for 2 weeks at least, because OSO is huge! Also our figures are not out because it"s taking time to count. Ha! Ha! Ha!"
That"s the sound of King Khan laughing all the way to the bank.