TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Ever selective Shefali Shah, who has barely worked in 7-8 films in her decade plus career, would be seen on the silver screen again after a brief hiatus.
She would be enacting the role of Kasturba Gandhi in next Friday's release Gandhi My Father. While the film looks like an outright winner with Darshan Zariwala [who plays Gandhi] and Akshaye Khanna [as Harilal, Gandhi's son] said to have come up with award winning performances, presence of Shefali Shah and Bhumika Chawla [as Gulab, Harilal's wife] only adds on to the film's dignity and grace.
Shefali was noticed first in Ram Gopal Varma's Rangeela where she did a spoof on Sridevi as a pampered actress. Later she made a rocking impact in Satya which was followed by a brief appearance in Mohabbatein. A year later she got international acclaim for Monsoon Wedding but thereafter went on a 4 years sabbatical. It was Waqt which brought her back on the big screen as Big B's wife followed by 15 Park Avenue.
A year and a half after the release of 15 Park Avenue, Shefali is now promising yet another touching performance in Gandhi My Father. She has also worked in The Last Lear which is currently under production.