TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Friday, October 26, 2007
Shemaroo is planning to remake classic comedy Padosan (1968) and if all goes well, this may well be another casting coup of the year. Riteish Deshmukh will be playing the role of Bhola, which Sunil Dutt played in the original. Sanjay Dutt has been approached to play Kishore Kumar"s Vidyapathi, Kareena Kapoor for Saira Banu"s Bindu and Govinda to play the role of Mehmood's Master Pillai.
Mansi Maroo of Shemaroo confirms, “Yes, Shemaroo Entertainment is remaking Padosan. We have an understanding with Rajshri regarding the rights in place. Neeraj Vora will direct."
When contacted, Riteish seems hesitant to reveal the details. He says, “Yes, I have been approached by Shemaroo to play Duttsaab's role in Padosan but it's too premature to talk about it. I have heard that Sanju will be playing Kishoreda"s role and Govinda has been approached for Mehmoodsaab"s role. It's interesting, exciting and yet scary to play Bhola. I am scared of being in the shoes of Duttsaab who has done the role so brilliantly. I have seen all his films."
Another superstar who makes Riteish go weak in the knees is Amitabh Bachchan. “I will be working with him again (Darna Zaroori Hai) in Alladin and every time I think of coming on screen with Mr Bachchan, I go weak in the knees. I have grown up on his films. For me, Mr Bachchan has always been the undisputed No 1 though the one actor who has influenced me the most as an actor is Shahrukh Khan."
The vintage charm of Padosan
Padosan is the story of Bhola (Sunil Dutt), a simple young man who has taken a vow to act according to the shashtras, which dictate that a man must marry when he is of the right age.
He meets Bindu (Saira Banu) and falls in love with her. Bindu is his neighbour but soon Bhola learns that her music teacher Master Pillai (Mehmood) is also trying to woo her.
Bhola's friends, Vidyapathi (Kishore Kumar), Banarasi (Mukri), and others belonging to an acting troupe, assist in hoodwinking Bindu to fall in love with Bhola but there are unexpected twists and turns, and Bhola's lies are exposed, making Bindu return to her plans to marry Master Pillai.