TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Shilpa Shetty is amused and exasperated at reports that she was rejected for the role in Bill Bannerman's Unveiled that Mallika Sherawat has acquired. On one end Shilpa is acquiring the reputation of being a spokesperson for racial discrimination and other global issues. On the other end her role as a glamour icon grows.
"Oh, there are numerous projects on the anvil, including a film in British and Indian film from a very reputed company. But that Bill Bannerman film never came to me. And I doubt it went to Aishwarya either. People just presumed we got the offers because maybe we're the names that immediately come to mind for international projects."
Coming back to the Bannerman project Shilpa says, "I'm very happy for Mallika, and I feel she got the role because he suited and deserved it. Please don't make it seem as if she was pitted against me and Ash for the role."
Shilpa suggests she wouldn't have done Unveiled even if it was offered to her. "Where's the question of whether I'd want to do such a role or not. There're certain compromises I'd never make. I've never made them, so why should I do so now? So whether it's Hollywood or British films, they've to fit into my scheme of morality. It's very easy for me to sign lucrative deals out here. But I want to make money on my own terms."
Is Jodhaa-Akbar delayed?
Anjana to work with AB and Ajay Devgan