TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Abid, IndiaFM
Thursday, February 08, 2007
According to reports, the 'Valmiki' organizations affiliated to a political party, protested against the anchor Shah Rukh Khan of the top TV show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati', the show itself and Star Television, in Hoshiarpur (Punjab) on Tuesday.
The protests were against some reported remarks by SRK against Valmiki ji (where he merely repeated what the contestant had said). The protestors also burnt an effigy of the actor.
As is known, the assembly elections are round the corner in Punjab and the Bahujan Samaj Party has a reasonable presence in the state and the 'Valmiki' population is their traditional vote bank and every little opportunity is being exploited by other political parties to win them over.
Salman in Kunal Kohli's film?
Bollywood dancing on Sydney streets