TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Friday, March 30, 2007
Presenting a fashionable ode titled 'Woman' dedicated to the girl child; Bollywood's award winning and popular designer of many film costumes created a collection that carried a strong message.
Neeta Lulla, kept her glamour quotient in tact as she took the audience through the various stages in a woman's life (from young to a glamorous lady of the future) with her creative all-western garment line; in a colour spectrum of solid and prints that wove in every hue, in soft fluid feminine fabrics to match the theme of her collection.
Starting with printed dresses, pinafores, with scalloped hemlines, brocade skirts under tiny minis, silk culottes in olive with an emphasis on the waist which she clinched with ornate corsets, Neeta moved to some frock coats in khaki with pleated panels, a fuchsia layered mini in georgette and a red knee length georgette flared gathered dress with satin border.
For the working woman Neeta's sartorial suggestions were a combination of khaki crepe kurta with waist coat teamed with churi salwars and several regal angarakha midi kurtas, some teamed with puff sleeved shrugs.
For the woman of future India, Neeta pictured her in glamorous jacquard layered gowns in shades of rust or olive with stunning diamond accents on the shoulder or bodice.
Her finale model choice was very apt - former Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen with her daughter Renee who put a perfect end to a show which not only had everything that revolves around fashion and style, but also a message that will make a social impact.