TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
While Taare Zameen Par was off to a huge critical acclaim and praises, Welcome got very ordinary reviews and a lot of flak. After all, it is very easy to pull down an Akshay Kumar project with words like "pedestrian or poor", but it needs guts to touch an Aamir Khan venture, even if it is constructive criticism!
However, the first results are out and the 'box-office star', Akshay Kumar's has beaten the 'good actor' Aamir Khan fairly and squarely, and by a huge margin. Just to check out the stats,Welcome opened to a bumper response of over 90 percent across India and at many overseas markets. On the other hand, Taare Zameen Par , commenced on a shockingly poor start of 30-40 percent, but improved to around 50 percent by the evening. Trade still feels that TZP will pick up further and succeed.
The important question that comes to mind (yet again) is - Can critics make a film a hit or flop? We will know the answer in a few days.
|Taare Zameen Par trailer|