TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
While Taare Zameen Par was off to a huge critical acclaim and praises, Welcome got very ordinary reviews and a lot of flak. After all, it is very easy to pull down an Akshay Kumar project with words like "pedestrian or poor", but it needs guts to touch an Aamir Khan venture, even if it is constructive criticism!
However, the first results are out and the 'box-office star', Akshay Kumar's has beaten the 'good actor' Aamir Khan fairly and squarely, and by a huge margin. Just to check out the stats,Welcome opened to a bumper response of over 90 percent across India and at many overseas markets. On the other hand, Taare Zameen Par , commenced on a shockingly poor start of 30-40 percent, but improved to around 50 percent by the evening. Trade still feels that TZP will pick up further and succeed.
The important question that comes to mind (yet again) is - Can critics make a film a hit or flop? We will know the answer in a few days.
|Taare Zameen Par trailer|