TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Aamir Khan"s home production, Taare Zameen Par, has been tightly under wraps ever since shooting started last year. Now, the actor is set to return to the big screen with his directorial debut on December 21.
Says a source from Aamir Khan Productions, “TZP is dedicated to children and childhood, and the first teaser will be out on October 12. It will play in cinema halls before the screening of Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Laaga Chunari Mein Daag. It"s a heart-warming story of a child and his teacher. The film has been shot extensively in Mumbai and the picturesque hill station of Panchgani."
TZP stars Darsheel Safary as the schoolboy and Aamir as his teacher. It may be recalled that Khan had a falling-out of sorts with the film"s writer and original director Amol Gupte.
Mid-way through the shoot, Aamir was unhappy with Gupte"s work and offered to return the script for him to take to another producer. However, their creative differences were sorted out when Aamir took over the director"s baton.
Says the source, “Amol has being given credit as writer and creative director of TZP, while Aamir has been credited as the director."