TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 25, 2007 <
Mira Nair is no stranger to the Oscars. It therefore comes as no surprise to know that she and the producers of The Namesake are heading to Los Angeles to campaign for the film in several categories.
"What can I say?" Mira could barely contain her joy. "My entire Namesake paltan (clan) is already in LA, and I'm also heading there. I'm just so ecstatic that our producers Fox-Searchlight are doing an Academy campaign. This can only mean that The Namesake is very much in people's minds and hearts months after it was released."
The highly -lauded film is expected to get at least a nomination each for Mira and her leading lady Tabu in the best-director and best-actress categories. Mira has her fingers crossed. "Let's see what happens. The reality is that it's too early to say anything right now. We can only keep our fingers crossed."