TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 25, 2007 <
Mira Nair is no stranger to the Oscars. It therefore comes as no surprise to know that she and the producers of The Namesake are heading to Los Angeles to campaign for the film in several categories.
"What can I say?" Mira could barely contain her joy. "My entire Namesake paltan (clan) is already in LA, and I'm also heading there. I'm just so ecstatic that our producers Fox-Searchlight are doing an Academy campaign. This can only mean that The Namesake is very much in people's minds and hearts months after it was released."
The highly -lauded film is expected to get at least a nomination each for Mira and her leading lady Tabu in the best-director and best-actress categories. Mira has her fingers crossed. "Let's see what happens. The reality is that it's too early to say anything right now. We can only keep our fingers crossed."