TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
By: Upala KBR
Wednesday, 28, November, 2007
Of late, Vidya Balan has been in news for for her 'close' association with Shahid Kapoor. But that doesn't mean work has taken a backseat. Last Sunday, she had a viral attack but she still showed up for the rehearsal of a song picturisation, for Aziz Mirza's Kismet Connection.
Choreographer Ahmed says, "When Vidya called me to ask me about the location, she sounded unwell so I told Vidya not to come but she did.
When I quizzed her why she came despite having high fever, she said she didn't want to sound as if she was giving excuses. She completed the rehearsal and came for the next day's shooting too. "
Ahmed says he was shocked to see Vidya at the shoot the following day, "She came to the sets in Filmistan and rested in her van in-between shots. Not once did she complain about being unwell.
In the evening a few minutes before pack-up Shabina, her designer pointe dout that Vidya was looking pale and wan. I was so concerned and told her if she didn't go home right then I would cancel the shoot. Only then did Vidya leave."
Talking about the song Ahmed says, "It was essentially Shahid dancing. In the song Vidya appears in his dreams. We are trying to show her in a different light modern yet not over the top."
This one time
Ahmed narrates another incident about Vidya's professionalism. "When we were shooting in Toronto, one of her close relatives passed away. We caught Vidya weeping and later learnt from her make-up man that someone she was very close to, had died.
But Vidya refused to cancel the shoot to inconvenience anybody. We shot for half an hour with her and then the remaining shots were with Shahid. Even Shahid was concerned and felt it wouldn't look good if we shot with her when she was feeling so low."
When asked about the incident Vidya Balan says, "Yes, I was unwell but didn't want to tell anyone and stop the shoot. It would have inconvenienced the entire unit. I thought it was only fair that I continue the shoot without anyone coming to know, so the song could be completed on time."