TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Not all big stars are proud and arrogant, as Vidya Balan proved on the sets of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa recently. The actress and director Sajid Khan were guests on the show and were there to promote their film Heyy Babyy. Sajid was at his witty best and there was much masti happening as the budding talents performed one after the other.
After her performance, Poonam from Lucknow spoke about her struggles in life. She revealed that she belonged to a middle-class family and that her father had passed away when she was young. It was her mother who worked as a domestic help to bring up Poonam. There was pin-drop silence when Poonam recalled how, at times, they had had to go on an empty stomach. Vidya was so moved by Poonam's tale that she was in tears. Everybody would agree that Poonam is a brave girl who fought against fate to reach the platform of the musical talent hunt on television. We wish that her talent and hard work take her far.