By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Yash Raj Films has announced the line-up of films and the respective release dates for the year 2007. And it is a line-up to behold. Reading like a virtual roll-call of the industry's biggest stars, the line-up heralds a year of tremendous excitement for cine lovers. What's more, the excitement will continue practically non-stop throughout the year with as many as five releases in 2007, with one closely following in January 2008.
- The first Yash Raj release of 2007 comes up on 27th April: Siddharth Anand's Ta Ra Rum Pum, starring Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji.
- Barely two months after Ta Ra Rum Pum comes Shaad Ali's third directorial venture Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, starring Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta and Amitabh Bachchan [sp. app.]. 15th June is the day of release.
- Yash Raj's third release of the year, Chak De India, is slated to hit the screens on 10th August. Directed by Shimit Amin, it stars Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
- The festive season will be celebrated in style by Yash Raj with the release of Pradeep Sarkar's Laaga Chunari Mein Daag. The film will be unveiled on 12th October. It stars Jaya Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Konkona Sen Sharma, Kunal Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan.
- And finally, Yash Raj's last offering for 2007, slated for 30th November release, is Aaja Nachle. Cinematographer Anil Mehta makes his directorial debut with this film which marks the comeback of Madhuri Dixit on the Hindi screen.
- 2008 will kick off in grand style with Tashan. Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya [the screenplay and dialogue writer of Dhoom and Dhoom 2], it stars Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Anil Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor.
Langda Tyagi's Raju gets special recognition
Filmfare Awards - Om Shanti Om tie up