- Independence Day 2018: Must Watch Indian Television Shows On Armed Forces!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- This Letter From Rajkummar Rao, A 'Jabra Fan', To Shahrukh Khan Will Leave You Shedding Happy Tears!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Take A SLY DIG At Shahrukh Khan Over Casting Actresses In His Films?
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
- Happy Birthday Kajol: Here's 5 Best Movies Of The Evergreen Actress
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Om Shanti Om is being pushed in such a big way that Saawariya seems to be losing out in the promotion blitz. Trailers, fashion events, celeb interactions, posters and promotional events… Farah Khan is leaving no stone unturned to arouse the interest of cine-goers. However, while the film and all of its stars are hogging the spotlight, not many know of the existence of a newcomer who has done an important cameo in the film.
Yuvika Choudhary has done television commercials with Aamir Khan for Innova, with Sanjay Dutt for Rupa Frontline and the most popular of them all, with Kunal Kapoor for Thumbs Up. Yet, the good-looking debutant has been totally sidelined in the run-up to the release. The reason being the film-makers are betting all their cards on the glamorous Deepika Padukone. "Yuvika is in none of the promos or posters anywhere even though she has a salsa dance sequence with the King Khan. The production house is totally focusing on Deepika as they have a lot of expectations from her," a source elaborated.
Yuvika was not spotted at the music launch of Om Shanti Om. Nor was she present at a fashion show promoting the clothing line of the film, whereas the rest of the cast was there. A source from the production house justifies their move: "Yuvika hasn't got a very big role to play in OSO and the makers don't want to send out the wrong signals. She has an important role in the film but it is more like a cameo."
Now that doesn't seem a very genuine excuse for not giving Yuvika even a mention in the promotional events. After all, the girl must have some talent. Or else, why would the "Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj" finalist, who has also featured in the Zee TV serial "Astitva… Ek Prem Kahani", be starring opposite Anupam Kher's son Sikander in a film titled Summer of 2007?