TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Updates: Ashok Gehlot & Sachin Pilot To Meet Rahul Gandhi
- Manchester City Vs Hoffenheim: City Through As Group Winners
- PTron Spunk Wireless Earphones With Bluetooth 5.0 Launched For Rs 2,999
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS: Spy Pics Leaked
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks ROYAL At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Sonam & Anil Kapoor's Ethnic Look At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Despite being awarded as 'The Best Director' in almost all the popular award ceremonies, Aamir never showed up for any of them. Interestingly, this time he would be in Chennai on August 12 to receive the Gollapudi Srinivas Memorial foundation award along with a cash prize of Rs. 1.5 lakh. Kamal Hassan all praises for Aamir and TZP as he declared the award on Sunday (March 16).
Apparently, it's for the first time that a film from Bollywood has been chosen for the award in the past 11 years since the inception of the foundation. The Gollapudi foundation which recognizes the directorial talent in India was founded in 1998 by well-known Telugu-writer Gollapudi Maruthi Rao in the memory of his late son Srinivasa, who died in an accident while making a film.
Taare Zameen Par has been selected among the 19 nominations across the country.