TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Despite being awarded as 'The Best Director' in almost all the popular award ceremonies, Aamir never showed up for any of them. Interestingly, this time he would be in Chennai on August 12 to receive the Gollapudi Srinivas Memorial foundation award along with a cash prize of Rs. 1.5 lakh. Kamal Hassan all praises for Aamir and TZP as he declared the award on Sunday (March 16).
Apparently, it's for the first time that a film from Bollywood has been chosen for the award in the past 11 years since the inception of the foundation. The Gollapudi foundation which recognizes the directorial talent in India was founded in 1998 by well-known Telugu-writer Gollapudi Maruthi Rao in the memory of his late son Srinivasa, who died in an accident while making a film.
Taare Zameen Par has been selected among the 19 nominations across the country.