TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
In the early hours of Thursday morning, Aamir Khan flew in from Los Angeles ahead of schedule to organise a birthday (November 7) party for wife Kiran. A source close to the actor reveals, "Aamir was supposed to fly in yesterday afternoon but he planned his work schedule in such a way that it ended early. He took an earlier flight and landed in Mumbai at around 3 am on Thursday morning.
Aamir wanted to have a few extra hours to organise Kiran's birthday. He was in the US for the Oscar campaign for Taare Zameen Par, but he took a break for his wife's birthday. Kiran's little bash was not at a five star hotel or at the Khan residence. Aamir arranged for a small party for her on the sets of her directorial debut, Dhobi Ghat. It was an intimate gathering of Kiran's close (non-filmi) friends, some of Aamir's close friends and family and the cast and crew of Dhobi Ghat. The shooting was in the night shift, so the party was held in the evening before the shooting started. There was music and dancing too. And Aamir had ordered a special cake."
The source continues, "Aamir was in LA to oversee the arrangements for the Oscars for Taare Zameen Par. He has been meeting up with executives from UTV and Disney who have bought the home video rights of TZP. Before LA, he was in Seattle on Oct 29 for the screening of TZP for the IDA (International Dyslexia Association). He was thrilled at the response he got for the film. He got a standing ovation. Aamir was overwhelmed that the audiences was moved to tears by his directorial debut."