TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
People from the nearby places rushed to see the hottest family in Bollywood. Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan arrived at the venue in a chopper from Lucknow to lay the foundation of Srimati Aishwarya Bachchan Kanya Mahavidyalaya. Aishwarya was dressed in a traditional red saree for the occasion.
The date was particularly chosen by Amitabh as it was the birthday of his closest friend Amar Singh. Addressing the gathering Amitabh said that he was concerned about the education of the girls in the country. Aishwarya came on stage to the cheers of the crowd and thanked her family for naming the college after her. She added that it was an honour for her.
The function was also attended by political heavyweights that included Samajwadi Party leaders including Amar Singh and MP Jaya Prada, former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah.