TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Aishwarya who plays 'Jodhabai' in the film is seen dressed in precious jewelry pieces which encompasses the 'sarpech' (feather pin), 'archer's ring', 'arsi' (mirror ring), 'bhor' (head jewel like in Indian tikka) and 'hansali' (choker). Alpana Parida, the head of marketing and merchandising at Tanishq, informed that the wedding set weighed around three and half kilograms and took a real toll on Ash when she had to wear it. Moreover, there was huge investment done by Tanishq as the jewelry in total weighed three-hundred kilograms and 13 and 8 ensembles were made for Ash and Hrithik respectively.
An immense research had been conducted in order to get the authentic designs of Jodhaa Akbar's jewelry. It was a real challenge for them to zero down on a specific kind of jewelry as it had to match with the style of 16th century Mughal Empire. Research in museums and archives, going through the private collections of various royalties and at the Chitrakala Parishad were conducted in order to get the genuine feel of the period, explained Parida.
The designs mostly used in Jodhaa Akbar are 'kundan' and 'meenakari'- inlay work common to Rajasthan. Interestingly, the three generations of craftsmen have worked on making the magnificent jewelry of Jodhaa Akbar. Tanishq, however, would not be selling any of the jewelry.
This is Tanishq's second venture into films, earlier they had made jewelry for the SRK starrer Paheli.
|Aishwarya unveils Filmfare|