TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Amitabh Bachchan has offered financial assistance for life to five-year old Anjali and her sister Rimjhim. On January 16, CNN-IBN reported that the girls were abandoned at a privately run Shanti Niketan School in Patna hostel 13 months ago.
The mother, Sikha Pandey, left a fake address and disappeared. The hostel's in-charge has been looking after the two children's upkeep. The parents couldn't be traced but after the report many people had contacted the channel to support the girls.
The real hero
Says a source, "Amitabh Bachchan's offer came through Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh who called CNN-IBN. He promised to take care of the girls' schooling and the other expenses on Big B's behalf. Bachchan didn't want to talk about it as he feels charitable things should be done quietly."
Bachchan didn't deny the story, "I do not feel up to talking about it. It's my father's (Harivanshrai) death anniversary, so please excuse me."
After the channel aired the story, things have improved for the two girls, who were to be shifted to an orphanage. The mother has now surfaced to claim them back. Sikha claims that she lives in a red light area while her husband is in jail. Anjali and Rimjhim were very happy to be reunited with their mother.