TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
While there were stories that Bipasha was rejected as brand ambassador for Utssav CZ Gold Jewels because of her dusky complexion and sexy image and replaced with Karisma Kapoor, the actress says the stories aren"t true.
A fuming Bipasha says, "Tell this brand that I was never in negotiations with them in the first place and to stop using my name for their PR activities. I am signed up with a far more prolific jewellery brand for a huge amount. The product will be announced in a week but I can"t disclose the name or the amount. However, I'd like to make clear to these people that in a country where 90 per cent people are brown-skinned, one should not use skin biases as publicity stories in this day and age.
It is unintelligent as they won't be only selling to fair customers and if they do use the skin bias story, they will lose all their dark-skinned customers." Bipasha feels that such stories by companies looking for fair people to be brand ambassadors are not just silly but also regressive.
"It's like going back in time. If a brand like Cartier has been having a great association with me for years they call me for their show stopper walk in London and Paris then I don't think I have much to say about these people. I am upset because for their PR, they are using my name and the fact that they are discussing a colour bias for a jewellery ad is ridiculous!" Bipasha Basu has affirmed her unconditional love for diamonds by sporting a big rock on her finger for the last couple of months.
Talking of precious rocks and stones, buzz is that boyfriend John Abraham has bought her a bigger diamond ring than the one she has been sporting because he feels its too small. Bipasha doesn"t deny the fact but adds, "I can't comment on this as it"s too personal."