TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Says Bipasha, "Sophia Loren and Sharmila Tagore started the trend that fizzled out in the '60s. Now jazz and soul singer Amy Winehouse has started it again though I don't like it on her. My stylist, Anahita Shroff, decided to experiment with my look in Race and I must say she has done an excellent job.
Instead of the usual kohl, I decided to try out the extended eyeliner as I play a model in the film. In my earlier films, I would wear a brown kohl pencil and smudge it slightly. Sometimes, I extended the eyeliner inside and brought it close to my nose as in Jism."
Bips has always been compared to Sophia Loren, "I guess with my dusky looks, body language and slanted eyes, I do look similar to her. Everyone - from Saroj Khan, to my dad and Paul McCartney - thinks I look like her. I take it as a huge compliment. Even at 75, she is featured in Pirelli's calendar among young sexy girls. Who wouldn't be happy about that?"
Though Bipasha doesn't consider herself a fashion trendsetter she is thought to be one, "People, especially girls, look upon me as a trendsetter in terms of fitness, fashion and make-up. Whenever I visit Selfridges in London, the girls at the counters want to know about my make-up! My eye make-up has become a topic of discussion for even make-up artistes.
Whenever I go abroad, I pick up my favourite make-up brands of eye-shadow, eyeliner, mascara and brushes like MAC, Makeup Forever, Chanel, Bobby Brown, Nars and WGL." Apart from her eyes, Bips is said to have coloured her hair last week. "I had coloured it black for the Clinic All Clear shampoo ad but now I have gone back to my brown hair colour."
The actress is currently battling with a sore throat as well as looking after her dog Poshto, who is down with a skin infection. "I finished dubbing for Race but now it"s become a problem dubbing for Pankh. I have a bad throat and with the travelling and talking I am doing, it's affecting my throat. I am having all the medicines people are offering me - from ayurvedic tablets to ginger and honey and turmeric-infused milk."