TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
The nine films that made it in the final list include The Counterfeiters (Austria), The Year My Parents Went on Vacation (Brazil), Mongol (Kazakhstan), The Trap (Serbia), Days of Darkness (Canada), Beaufort (Israel), The Unknown Woman (Italy) , Katyn (Poland) and 12 (Russia).
For starters, the Amitabh Bachchan - Sanjay Dutt starrer Eklavya was mired in controversy ever since it was declared as India's entry to the prestigious Oscars. So, much so that director Bhavna Talwar, who considered her film Dharm as one of the better contenders for the award, went on to claim that the jury was biased in its selection. She even went up to the extent of going to the court regarding the issue.
Seems like India will have to wait for a while to bring home this prestigious award.