TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
The nine films that made it in the final list include The Counterfeiters (Austria), The Year My Parents Went on Vacation (Brazil), Mongol (Kazakhstan), The Trap (Serbia), Days of Darkness (Canada), Beaufort (Israel), The Unknown Woman (Italy) , Katyn (Poland) and 12 (Russia).
For starters, the Amitabh Bachchan - Sanjay Dutt starrer Eklavya was mired in controversy ever since it was declared as India's entry to the prestigious Oscars. So, much so that director Bhavna Talwar, who considered her film Dharm as one of the better contenders for the award, went on to claim that the jury was biased in its selection. She even went up to the extent of going to the court regarding the issue.
Seems like India will have to wait for a while to bring home this prestigious award.