TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
The case dates back to the year 2001 when the actor was caught with 9gms of cocaine in Mumbai's suburb Juhu. Fardeen was then booked under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and sent to custody. He however, was granted bail later and the case has been awaiting trial in the sessions court ever since.
In the recent chain of events, it appears that the actor has appealed that he was merely attempting to buy 1 gm of cocaine and hence be discharged from criminal prosecution. His plea for complete discharge has been rejected and the actor will still have to stand trial for whatever 'small' charge on the next session scheduled for Feb 8. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) doesn't seem too pleased with this concession given to the actor and said that it will appeal against the sessions court order in the High Court.