TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
Govinda has no qualms in admitting that Big B. influenced him, "Yeah, I copied Mr. Bachchan. I'm not anything like Mr. Bachchan. But why shouldn't I copy a man as great as him? If he could reach out to a filmmaker, why can't I? David is such a big man. One call to him and my career was re-made. Today if he asks me to do another film with him I don't even need to think about it, I'd do it blindly." Govinda has never been more charged about his career. "I don't really care what people say about me. All I know is that I'm doing my work with sincerity. And I've become very punctual. I reach my sets on time. I'm not here to create any problems for anyone. If I'm doing my work quietly, why is it troubling some people? But I'm not going to get rattled. Main chupkese apna kaam kar raha hoon. I don't regret anything, not even my entry into politics. I respect politicians because they're doing their jobs very efficiently. But the fame and fortune I've got has come through mata Saraswati, my art (movies). No one has the right to eye my career and try to ruin it."
"A miracle happened during the shooting. We finished Govindaji's work in 60 days when we had reserved his dates for 85 days. In Mauritius where we shot most of the film, Govinda was the first of the cast to be awake. In fact, he'd wake me up and we'd have our morning chai together. I remember we had to shoot at a discotheque in Mauritius. We had to reach at 8 am and all we saw were the janitors at work. That's how punctual Govinda has become," adds Govinda's Money Hai To Honey Hai producer, Kumar Mangat.
In fact, Kumar Mangat is planning another film with Govinda this year. "He's a pleasure to work with," says the producer.
|Govinda slaps a trespasser|