TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
He sees the intruder and his antics on the sets as part of the much larger game plan to bring him and his family down. Govinda names top politicians among those who are conspiring to discredit him as an actor and politicians.
"Yeh to dhamki hai. Earlier they had said they'd pay 51 lakhs to see me in my constituency. Everyone knows the number 51 has lot of relevance. But let's not go into that. They're equally unhappy with me being and not being in my constituency. Such threats and jibes don't mean anything to me any more," says Govinda from the sets of his new film.
"Some street level politicians are trying to twist my arms by saying they'd pay Rs.1 crore to anyone who brings me to my constituency. It's my constituency, my home. Why do I need these people to scare me into visiting? If I've decided to stay away it's because my life and my family are under severe threat from these very people. And I have my high-command; Sonia Gandhiji's permission to lie low...Ram Nayakji has also gone on television making statements against me. He's a senior and a supposedly responsible politician. I respect his concern for me not showing my face in my constituency. In my defence I'll say this. I'd rather be a good family man than a good politician. I can name many big politicians who are conspiring against me. A top leader had employed the underworld to teach me a lesson. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for me the news got leaked out. Why should I get into all this? I'd rather be a screen hero than a real-life hero. If I decided to lie low, maine kya ghalat kiya?"
Govinda feels he's being provoked out of politics. "Why shouldn't I safeguard my own interests? As an actor I can even read silences. I can smell the danger. I'm not keen on being perceived as this super-hero who's ready to sacrifice everything. I even told Soniaji about how my political opponents are putting me in the same situation as Mr. Bachchan. She told me to take precautions. Silence was one of them."