TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Jaya made a controversial statement at the audio release function of the film Drona recently. Her statement that she would speak in Hindi, as she belonged to Uttar Pradesh, invited the wrath of the MNS activists and its Chief Raj Thackeray's demanded an apology from the actress and MP. Following this outcry, Jaya apologised to the people of Maharashtra, saying that she was sorry if her statement had hurt their sentiments. She added that she has great regard for the state and its language.
However, MNS leader Shishir Shinde is not happy with the apology. He said that she should call for a news conference and apologise before the Marathi media persons rather than before a handful of non-Marathi journalists.
Well, the prospect of the film The Last Lear, starring Amitabh Bachchan and Drona, starring Abhishek Bachchan, would be jeopardised if MNS continues the agitation.