TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
It was always crucial for this Hrithik Roshan - Aishwarya Bachchan starrer to stay afloat in week two since the first week was just about good and not extra ordinary. Any major fall over its first week's collections would have been catastrophic but UTV and Ashutosh Gowariker can now afford to take it a little easy.
In it's second week, Jodhaa Akbar has managed to earn another 14 crores which by no means is great but still decent enough to ensure that the film's performance isn't termed as a crash. Yes, the film has taken less than industry standard of 50% fall (first week of Jodhaa Akbar was close to 25 crores) but still this won't be termed as a great.
This is because a) The film was released at a very high number of prints and hence 25 crores by itself was somewhat below expectations and b) There was no film released either along with Jodhaa Akbar or a week after it's release. A clean run like this is seldom, enjoyed by any film, whether big or small, hence one expected Jodhaa Akbar to have fared a little better.
Still, leaving aside these factors, the fact remains that Jodhaa Akbar can now be termed as a success story. There may still be a question mark on declaring whether this success is big or small, at least when it comes to theatrical revenue though. Just like the second week, collections in third week would be monitored closely too since if the film manages to remain as stable as the second week (there is no new film in the running this week too), Jodhaa Akbar would earn itself a clear HIT tag since a 50 crores total would be a given.
However, if it crashes in the third week (which seems highly unlikely in the current times), Jodhaa Akbar would have to be content with a lesser classification.
|Aishwarya with Hrithik|