- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Imtiaz Ali: Some Actors Are Trying To Go Through A Heartbreak To Become Better Actors
- Laila Majnu Trailer: Imtiaz Ali Gives His Own Twist To This Classic Love Story!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Imtiaz Ali Keen To Cast Varun Dhawan In His Next After His Film With Shahid Kapoor Fails To Happen?
Thank you, Anurag
John was the only B-Town hero present at the event, John says, "I watch plenty of world cinema especially French, Iranian and Spanish films and it's because of Anurag (Kashyap) that I was there. Most of my inputs and knowledge of world cinema is through Anurag.
He said Ils should be a film to watch out for. When I reached there I found the screens going houseful. It's a pleasure and so heartening to see that there's such a large audience to see these kinds of films."
John is all praise for Anurag's knowledge of cinema. "It's amazing. Anurag is my guide and guru. I listen to his opinions and we discuss cinema a lot when we talk. Anurag also came to watch Ils after putting his daughter to sleep.
He encourages this kind of cinema and I love watching it. I don't have a particular taste of any genre a good narrative is good cinema for me, be it romance, thriller or horror. A simple story can be beautiful."
John claims he loves horror films, even though he doesn't believe in spirits or the supernatural world, "What I don't see I don't believe in. I am yet to experience the supernatural. I believe in science and not spirits. But neither do I deride or demean their existence. To each their own beliefs."
Currently John is busy chilling, "I am spending lots of time with my parents. In this hustle and bustle, we sometimes forget the people around us who love us so much."