TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Says a unit member, "For one step, Kajol had to leap down from the upper deck and fall into the arms of the waiting dancers below. During the leap, by mistake her hand grazed a dancer's cheek and it started bleeding."
The source adds, "Kajol didn't want to do the step after that. She felt bad that someone got hurt because of her and didn't want to repeat that. After much convincing, she finally agreed but she kept going wrong with the steps. Kads then decided to not to do that sequence but Ajay, being the director, insisted, leading to a minor argument. Ajay wanted those particular steps and Kajol had to accede to him."
Ajay denies it all rather diplomatically, "The choreographer decides the dance steps and there was no argument. I wanted a salsa for the song because that was the requirement of the script. Once Kajol is convinced about the screenplay, she doesn't need convincing about anything else."
The debutant director has always maintained he's not comfortable dancing, "But that doesn't mean I don't dance in films. I dance wherever it is required and in UMAH also it was required; so I tried and did whatever I could. I didn't learnt salsa for the film... I just rehearsed the steps. Obviously, Kajol who dances better than me could get it right.
Ajay refuses to rate his chemistry with Kajol. According to him, "It's always the film and the characters that create their own chemistry. It's all for the audiences to decide."
Ajay has a witty repartee when asked about the best dancer in India, "I think its me, Sunny Deol, Sanjay Dutt, Sunil Shetty... because we somehow manage to do the steps and have survived - after always being criticised for our dancing!"