TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Says Karan Johar, "For a long time we had no title for Tarun Mansukhani's brilliant script. It's funny, sassy, hilarious…and it's about the friendship between these two guys played by Abhishek and John. So, I don't know why it took us so long to hit on the right title. Dostana, it is. I was waiting for Tarun to return from location scouting before firming in on the title."
Karan gets nostalgic about the title. "You know when my father produced Dostana in 1980 when he was going through hard times. But all the three principal actors Amit Uncle (Bachchan), Shatrughan Sinhaji and Zeenat Aman co-operated to the fullest. That's how the film was made."
So is the new Dostana a love triangle like the old one? "Ha! Well, yes and no. Though it's a love story. There's a never-before twist in the tale. All I can say on-record is that we've never had a love triangle like this before. And you'll never see Abhishek and John playing something like this again," promises Karan.
He's also relieved that there was no title hassle. "For Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna I had to ask Aroona Irani aunty. She sweetly gave me the title in exchange for a pappi (kiss). For Dostana, I had to kiss nobody, except my father's memory."