TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
Says Karan Johar, "For a long time we had no title for Tarun Mansukhani's brilliant script. It's funny, sassy, hilarious…and it's about the friendship between these two guys played by Abhishek and John. So, I don't know why it took us so long to hit on the right title. Dostana, it is. I was waiting for Tarun to return from location scouting before firming in on the title."
Karan gets nostalgic about the title. "You know when my father produced Dostana in 1980 when he was going through hard times. But all the three principal actors Amit Uncle (Bachchan), Shatrughan Sinhaji and Zeenat Aman co-operated to the fullest. That's how the film was made."
So is the new Dostana a love triangle like the old one? "Ha! Well, yes and no. Though it's a love story. There's a never-before twist in the tale. All I can say on-record is that we've never had a love triangle like this before. And you'll never see Abhishek and John playing something like this again," promises Karan.
He's also relieved that there was no title hassle. "For Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna I had to ask Aroona Irani aunty. She sweetly gave me the title in exchange for a pappi (kiss). For Dostana, I had to kiss nobody, except my father's memory."