TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Says a unit member, "Mallika plays a starlet and part of a theatre group in MGMEA. In one of the plays the group stages, she plays Anarkali.
After some time Mallika got so much into her character that she started greeting the cast members with a special 'aadab' like Anarkali, instead of the usual 'hi' or 'hello'.
She also performed elaborate kathak steps for no rhyme or reason. It was funny to see her actually behaving like Anarkali!"
Director Sanjay Chel confirms Mallika"s little antics. "This was Mallika's way of creating a fun atmosphere on the sets," he justifies. "There were times when I would get stressed handling 18 actors on the sets and this was her way of diluting the grim atmosphere by bringing positive energy into it. She would salute all of us in Anarkali style and do some dance steps."
Sanjay is all praise for Mallika, "I am in love with her! Her hunger for acting and eagerness to experiment and try new things is amazing. She's also the most hassle-free actress I have worked with she"s always on time, attends every rehearsal and is totally undemanding. While Mallika is a spontaneous actress, Rahul Bose is methodical and disciplined and that generates lots of chemistry between them."
Mallika's look and styling in the film has been designed by Ashley Rebello and Anita Dongre.
The actress will also do a take-off on the Mughal-E-Azam song, informs producer Ratan Jain. "MGMEA is almost complete with only two songs remain to be shot. In the film Mallika will be seen in a whacky, sizzling hot number which is a kind of take-off on the song Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya. The song is yet to be shot."
After completing MGMEA, Jain will start his next comedy with David Dhawan.