TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Meraj-Ur-Rahman had registered a case against the marriage. He still claims Manyata to be his wife as he had never divorced her. If proved that Sanjay married Manyata even after knowing that she has not divorced from her first husband, then a case will be registered against Sanjay Dutt. Meraj who is currently serving a jail term for sending obscene messages to an actress also asked for the custody of his two and half year old child.
Meraj's advocate argued that according to Muslim divorce laws a woman seeking divorce from her husband has to approach a cleric and the same should be registered. However the couple had no proof of any such divorce between Meraj and Manyata. He also sought a court order directing Dutt and Manyata to keep away from physical relationship. Neither Manyata or Sanjay were available for comment.