TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Roshan says cautiously, "Though I am thinking about it, I won't be able to comment on this now. It's too early to say anything. I have gone through hell in the last few days with the case and the Krazzy 4 release. I paid the amount immediately as I was morally responsible to my audience, distributors and exhibitors to release the film without cutting the songs."
He adds, "We thought we had done it the right way because we had taken the music rights from Sony Ericsson (Sampat's tune featured in the ad starring Hrithik Roshan). They had given us the rights months ago but suddenly backtracked saying that they had no right to give it as the rights were vested with Ram Sampath. Today Ram is talking about morals, why didn't he come to us two months ago when Shahrukh's first promo released on February 24. I'd have settled the matter amicably then."
He adds, "It's an eye-opener for me. I had liked the music piece of the ad. For the purpose of using some portion of the said music, I requested Sony Ericsson and in response, was granted permission by them. Consequently, I was surprised and shocked on March 24 to receive a notice from the solicitors of Ram Sampat containing allegations of infringement of his work. I contacted Sony Ericsson and was told that they issued the letter by mistake and in fact, they didn"t have the rights."
He continues, "I have learnt that I have to clear it from whosoever has the actual rights. I didn"t doubt Sony or think they'd give me a wrong letter and then backtrack on it. According to me I've done it the right way and not plagiarised anything. This is sophisticated extortion."