TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
The actress bought the land unaware that the farmland could not be sold, as the government had leased it out to a farmer. She failed to transfer the ownership to her name in spite of paying Rs.1,32,000 for the registration. She also reported paid Rs.33 lakh in December 2005 without verifying the documents.
She sensed trouble when she was served with a notice on land scam. It was reported that she approached Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh in December 2007 for help, on sensing that she would lose Rs.33 lakhs. Now, the government has taken over the land that the actress had bought in her father's name.