TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Salman said he felt very proud to have his statue at the museum as very few Indians have made it to Madame Tussauds. The other prominent Indians to have made it to the museum are Mahatma Gandhi and Indira Gandhi. In a poll conducted last year Salman beat stars like Madhuri Dixit, Hritik Roshan, Lata Mangeshkar and Abhishek Bachchan, to win a place at the world famous waxworks museum.
The Bollywood hunk was extensively photographed in Mumbai last year. It took a team of 5 artist 12 weeks to make the life size wax statue at an estimated cost of Rs 1.62 Crores. Salman had given vital inputs on his muscles and hair to the museum authorities. Salman also donated the set of clothes and a bracelet for the statue.
Salman's statue has been placed just meters away form his one time lady love Aishwarya Bachchan to draw more attention from the visitors. An estimated 2.4 million Indians visit the museum every year and authorities are planning to put the wax statue of other Bollywood stars to attract the Indian community. They had approached Aamir Khan but the actor declined the offer.