TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
"Paathshala revolves around kids and is set in the school campus. It has actors like Shahid Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Ayesha Takia in essential characters. The film has child artists like Swini Khare (Cheeni Kum), Ali Haji (Partner) and Dwij Yadav (Nanhe Jaisalmer) in pivotal roles." informs Ahmed Khan.
There was a buzz that Shahid Kapoor is only doing a cameo in the film, however, Ahmed clears the rumor. "Shahid is not doing a cameo, it is a character role. He plays a teacher who teaches English and Music. Nana Patekar is playing the role of the Principal, and Ayesha Takia is a teacher who looks into the extra curricular activities. Besides them, there is Sushant Singh and Saurabh Shukla in the film as well," says Ahmed Khan.
One of the interesting facts about the film is that it will mark the come back of well-known child artist, Sunny Singh, who was seen in the famous tv serial, Dekh Bhai Dekh, as Shekhar Suman's son. "Yes, amongst all the kids, Sunny Singh (who had earlier played the child artist in English Babu Desi Mem) who would be doing one of the prominent roles in the film, along with Shraddha. The story also has the plot of a school kid played by Mehnaaz, who falls in love with her teacher (Shahid)", adds Ahmed.
The shooting of the film is wrapped up. "We are now in the post production stages and the dubbing is to be done." Talking about the music, Ahmed says, "Hanif, who had earlier composed the music for the song 'Shakirave Shakira' in my directorial film, Fool N Final, has composed the music for Paathshala. Since all the songs are very script-driven, there is no special choreography done for it, I have done that only partially. The four songs in the film only help to take the story further."
"Paathshala is an entertaining film with a big social message," signs off Ahmed.