TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Shahid Kapoor has waived aside his fees for close friend and producer Ahmed Khan's Paathshala. Shahid will play a role similar to Aamir Khan in Taare Zameen Par. Paathshaala is being directed by Milind Ukey.
Shahid plays an English and music teacher who comes into the lives of a group of young, troubled students. Says a source close to Shahid, "Shahid is fond of Ahmed so when Ahmed approached him, Shahid decided to do it for free as it is his first film. Ahmed and Shahid have grown up together and Khan had choreographed Shahid's first musical video."
Shahid and Ahmed have struggled together during their career. The source adds, “Shahid was most touched when last year he wanted to buy a racer bike for his brother Ishaan and Ahmed searched around for it and ordered it, while Shahid was busy with his shooting commitments."
Shahid's friend adds, "Shahid's role in Paathshaala is not a full fledged hero"s role but a special appearance. Govinda and Ayesha Takia play the main leads. Though Shahid has seen Taare five times and loves the film, in Paathshaala he has a different role from that of Aamir's in Taare."
Currently Shahid is at home preparing for Ken Ghosh"s musical romance where he plays a dancer. Shahid says, "Yes it's true but I can"t talk about it, as Ahmed is a dear friend of mine and such things are personal. Currently, Ahmed is developing my character and the screenplay. We will talk about it when everything is finalised."